Because Nature Mycelium CO2 Generator

Supplied by: Ourhappyearthco available at Hydroponics.co.za

A few months ago we were sent a Mycelium CO2 generator for review, something that I was excited to try out as I had always suffered with high heat in my tents. I decided to run this natural CO2 generator in a small 80×80 tent in which I was growing a large single autoflower plant which had been suffering with heat issues throughout its life. Temps in the tent were between 30’C and 32’C in the Cape summer heat and she was starting to show some problems. Early into flower I added the Mycelium product and within 3 days the appearance of the plant seemed to improve. Whether this was anecdotal or not, the plant was definitely looking healthier after the CO2 generator was added.

My grow space had only very light extraction taking place by the way of a small fan, and didn’t have a 4″ or 6″ extractor fan running, which made it more effective in its use. You should place above your canopy, as CO2 is heavy and will fall downwards. An extraction fan that lies between your bag and canopy aren’t ideal, as this will simply cause the CO2 to get pulled out of the tent before being able to get utilized.

For me, a huge positive in this generator is that is uses completely organic mycelium spores, which I am far more comfortable keeping in my tent than a metal bottle of CO2. The packaging was appealing minimal design, but enough to come across as well branded.

The way it works is that mycelium (in this case Shiitake mushrooms), inhales O2 and releases CO2 in response. This creators a natural generator of CO2 gas, as the mycelium convert the oxygen around them into CO2. The large bags are able to sustain their CO2 generation for up to 4 months, meaning you only need three of these for a year’s worth of runs in a 1.8×1.8m tent. The package comes already activated and all you need to do is hang it up!

mycelium

It is difficult to tell exactly what role the mycelium generator played in the grow, but it was perhaps my favourite harvest thus far, pulling in 110g of dry bud and an additional 20g of trim, from a single Apollo’s Poison autoflower. The buds were solid and the trichomes rich in terpenes. The bud structure was vastly improved over most of my previous grows, with the biggest difference being the addition of the CO2.

Attached are images of the grow before the implementation of the CO2 and a week after it’s addition. You can note the change in the health of the leaves, with less clawing visible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *